Kitesurfing is not only an extreme sport but also a phenomenal exercise for your body and your mind.
Health Fitness Revolution has done some research to bring you the top 10 benefits that the continued practice of kitesurfing can bring to your physical and mental health:
1. Tones the body, especially the upper area, arms and abdomen. Strengthening your abdominal area resulting in turn in a physical improvement of the abductors and legs too. You increase the strength in your arms by holding, the kite in legs by bending over the board to ride, and the muscles of the hands by grabbing the bar.
2. Kitesurfing combines aerobics and resistance exercises. This combination is perfect for keeping a balance weight, toning your figure and gaining physical strength, all of which are important to keeping the heart healthy.
3. Increases coordination and concentration- you are focusing on several tasks at once and you must keep the kite in the air with one hand while you enter the water grabbing the board with the other hand.
4. Also riding on the board is great to improve your balance.
5. With any sport you eliminate stress, but if it is an extreme sport adrenaline rushes are much higher, creating a great feeling of wellness.
6. By boosting endorphins and reducing your stress levels, you also boost your immune system.
7. The way of navigation and jumping in kitesurfing, in which you have to constantly make decisions about movement and position of the bar, body, board, etc, makes you resolve difficult situations on the water, increasing your reflexes and reaction capacity.
8. Like any sport in which you interact with the environment, kitesurfing fosters respect for the ocean, animals and nature in general, as well as makes you breathe fresh air away from the city smog.
9. When you practice kitesurfing you become part of a community and meet other people that enjoy the same activities, which helps you to interact with people with common interests and tastes, improves your relationships and your ability to communicate. And most important, you know a group of people whom you can talk freely about your passion with.
10. Finally, we can say that kitesurfing allows you to experience new sensations, like the feeling of flying, increasing your level of happiness.
In this passing life we are here to try to be as happy as we can. So, what are you waiting to learn kitesurfing? The more you practice the fitter and happier you will be.