Sõidueesõiguse reeglid panevad paika selle kellel on eesõigus ja kes peaks möödudes teed andma.
* A kiter on a starboard tack (right hand and shoulder forwards) has right of way.
* A kiter on a port tack (left hand and shoulder forwards) must yield right of way (get out the way, pass downwind).
* For two kiters on the same tack, the kiteboarder upwind must give way to the kitesurfer downwind.
While passing in opposite directions:
* the upwind kiteboarder must fly their kite high,
* the kiteboarder downwind must fly their kite low
If two kites collide and the lines get tangled, throw your bar and release your safety immediately. Two tangled kites have twice the power and no control. Under power, kite lines will abrade and cut each other. If both kiters release their kites they are likely to separate themselves with little or no resulting damage.